DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Input signal match, Mosconi Zero 3...

How does the sub volume work using a Mosconi Zero 3:
- If using the RJ-45 phone connector on the Zero 3 amp, are you simply raising and lowering the amp's input gain control (as if turning the input gain on amp)?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm using 6to8 Aerospace and Zero 3 for sub amp. I was told to use Mosconi's RTC, if I wanted a separate sub volume knob. Has the phone plug style connection on amp.
This was better than using, for example Rockford Fosgate sub volume that has RCA in's and outs. Said volume was controlled inside amp? How does the really work?
In changing volume, using RTC, am I changing input gain on the Zero 3 to raise and lower subwoofers volume?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm using 6to8 Aerospace and Zero 3 for sub amp. I was told to use Mosconi's RTC, if I wanted a separate sub volume knob. Has the phone plug style connection on amp.
This was better than using, for example Rockford Fosgate sub volume that has RCA in's and outs. Said volume was controlled inside amp? How does the really work?
In changing volume, using RTC, am I changing input gain on the Zero 3 to raise and lower subwoofers volume?
Do you have either the RCD or RC mini connected to the 6to8 as that would allow you to control sub volume from the 6to8. For a zero3 you need the Mos_RTC not the RTC and I believe it controls input voltage from rca input.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can use either the Mosconi RC Mini to control the DSP, one function being subwoofer volume.

Or use the RTC-MOS that plugs into the Zero 3 amp.

Question is, how do each work? Specifically, how would each effect the Input Gain level of the Zero 3?

1. It was first recommended to me to use the Mosconi RTC-MOS that plugs into Zero 3 amp (RJ-45 phone plug) over using a sub volume control with RCA In's and Outs. With the RTC-MOS, is sub volume knob raising and lowering Input Gain on Zero 3 amp?

2. Then we discussed the ability to have quick access to different tunes of the 6to8 Aerospace, using the Mosconi RC Mini. Which also has a feature to control subwoofer volume. However, this option, seems like the same as using any sub volume with RCA In's and Outs. Raising and lowering Input Gain of the Zero 3 amp?

Just asking about how each effects the Input Gain of the Zero 3 amp?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The whole thing is about optimum signal level matching from source, dsp and amp.
If I use, say a DD-1, to match/optimize signals..

then use a separate subwoofer control, the gain on subwoofer amp is no longer correct?

·
Registered
662 Posts
The whole thing is about optimum signal level matching from source, dsp and amp.
If I use, say a DD-1, to match/optimize signals..

then use a separate subwoofer control, the gain on subwoofer amp is no longer correct?
You would set either the RC mini or the RTC to max then set your gains. Then when you use the RTC to lower sub volume you wont be over driving amp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts