DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am looking for a cheap amplifier to go with my alpine type r 17s components in the front, and this one looks to fit the bill...

Does this amp look all good?

Kenwood KAC-M645 Amplifier - Car Amplifiers - Car Audio - Parallel Imported

I am very new to this, but I saw it had 130 rms at 2 channels with 4 ohm - so that should give me a bit of head room as my speakers are 110 rms, to turn the gain down a wee bit - it has a built in high pass filter at 80hz so that would take unnecessary load off my components - looks good right? it has 1% total harmonic distortion though not sure if thats good :confused:

I better check it accepts 4v input because I will be using it with an alpine cde-123 head

I am not a crazy audiophile, I care more about jamming to my music then trying to make it sound absolutely perfect, so would this satisfy my needs?

thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Depending on the rest of your setup you may not want to x-over at 80hz, but everything else looks good based on your requirements.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That precision power looks okay, but I dont think I will be able to find one in New Zealand - and the budget is 200 nzd or under so the kenwood just matches that. but thanks for pointing it out, ill see if I can find one...

I thought 80 hz highpass was ideal for components if your gonna be running a subwoofer... I will look into that

thanks for the input so far guys ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts