DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, right now I have Seas L18RNX in my doors getting about 100watts from an Alpine MRV-F540. Then I have an Arc4050XXK powering my Arc ACS230 mids and Max Fi tweets. I have the mids crossed at 2.5khz @ 12db, and the tweets are crossed at 3.2khz @ 12db. I know the tweet can go lower, but i like to play as many freqs as possible from the mids, so what should i cross them over at? The mids are made by Rainbow, i believe they are from the contour line of woofers, 5.25". The thing i dont know is if the freqs above 3.2khz would be better left to the tweet or mid. I tried playing with it but i cant tell, and i dont have a freq response graph of the mid so i dont know if there is any rolloff or dips/peaks i should be worrying about. I've tried doing it by ear but wanted to hear some other people's experience with MaxFi tweets or Rainbow Contour mids. Thanks.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Tough question to answer without any personal experience with that mid, and without seeing the in car response of your drivers.

I would just play it by ear, and if you can't hear any difference then leave it alone :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I eneded up leaving the mids crossed at 3.2khz @ 12db and tweets at 4khz 12db and they sound great. These mids are by far the best I have owned, and the upper-end extension is really nice. They go pretty deep for a 5.25" too, I have them crossed at 200hz but they can go deeper for sure. 100hz wouldn't be problem in the right enclosure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts