DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The amp is bridged to two channels. Two sets of RCAs going to the amp from the head unit using the head unit front/rear outputs. The REAR section is the left channel and FRONT section is the right channel. There are no rear speakers in the car.

How does each channel not produce a full stereo signal when fed left and right inputs? That's what's most confusing to me right now. Is it because the RCAs are hooked up to only carry one side through one set of RCA?

Could it be setup like this?

HU REAR LEFT ----> AMP REAR LEFT
HU FRONT LEFT ---> AMP REAR RIGHT

HU REAR RIGHT ------> AMP FRONT LEFT
HU FRONT RIGHT ----> AMP FRONT RIGHT

I think I've just had a long day and a big brain fart. And I know I should just pull the HU and look but I thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The amp is bridged to two channels. Two sets of RCAs going to the amp from the head unit using the head unit front/rear outputs. The REAR section is the left channel and FRONT section is the right channel. There are no rear speakers in the car.

How does each channel not produce a full stereo signal when fed left and right inputs? That's what's most confusing to me right now. Is it because the RCAs are hooked up to only carry one side through one set of RCA?

Could it be setup like this?

HU REAR LEFT ----> AMP REAR LEFT
HU FRONT LEFT ---> AMP REAR RIGHT

HU REAR RIGHT ------> AMP FRONT LEFT
HU FRONT RIGHT ----> AMP FRONT RIGHT

I think I've just had a long day and a big brain fart. And I know I should just pull the HU and look but I thought I'd ask.
You want it set up this way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts