DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. A few years ago I decided to upgrade the sound in my 2008 wrangler. The results were okay, but I want to go all out now that I also have a Ridgeline and the Jeep is my toy. Originally, this is what I installed:
Kenwood ddx-9703 head unit
infinity reference 6030s components for the fronts
Pioneer sw2002sb under the passenger seat for a subwoofer
kac-3004 and kac-3001 for the amps, mounted under the front dash.

the system served me well but I wanted to upgrade. Somewhere along the line I bought another kac-3001 on ebay. Then I bought another kac-3004. The another kac-3004. Don't ask me why. I had three kids since I started so I was probably sleep deprived.

In any case, I'm ready to do this now. I have a minidsp 8x12. I have some midbass woofers I want to put under the front seats, and some subs for the rear. My big question is, am I crazy for wanting to use all 5 of those amps in my build? Id like to use them if I can. Someone talk me into or out of it. They'll all fit in the rear storage cubby of the jeep. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have the power to run them, and the space to mount them, there really isn't a limit to how many amps you can run. I originally wanted to have multiple smaller amps in my build because I think it looks cool if mounted right. Since you already have them, use them.
Thanks. I actually do think they'd look cool if they were mounted side by side in the back. My only issue is where to put the DSP, but I think I can fit it up front under the steering column or behind the glove box.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With that many amplifiers you will probably need a relay for remote turn on to ensure your amps don't cut out. Grab one with a built in diode to save yourself a headache and avoid popping when the amps turn off. Use the Remote Out from the MiniDSP (delayed) as the trigger for the relay to avoid popping when the amps turn on.
Thanks. I did consider that. I was considering using a relay that fed a small distribution block that could also power a fan or two, along with the remote wires for the amps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts