DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, my car is BMW 2 series Gran Tourer (F46), I know this car is not available in US, but i think the setting is pretty much the same as other BMW, so, here is my situation.

My car is having a poor factory stereo system (not even hifi option as the basic setting in the US BMW car), so basically I only have the head unit to power up the speakers and not even have an amp. Currently I have do some speakers upgrade to all harman kardon speaker, so what i have in car now is :

4 mid range speaker at each door panel and 4 tweeter (that the cabling is come from the mid range speaker) and 2 under seat subwoofer.

So, my question is, if I am not going to re-wire all the speaker cables, just keep using the factory one, how many channel DSP and AMP is needed for me? My understanding is since my tweeter cable is actually come from the mid range, so I only need 4 channel for 4 mid range and 4 tweeter. However, I am not quite sure about the subwoofer, since i have 2, do I need to count it as 2 channel or just 1 channel as basically both bass are having the same sound?

My desire one is Match M5DSP which is a five channel Amp and 7 channel DSP. I am still not quite understand if this can be fit in my car.

Thanks so much in advance for the help dude!!

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Welcome!

You need 6 channels to do this properly.

CH1 - FL Door
CH2 - FR Door
CH3 - FL Woofer
CH4 - FR Woofer
CH5 - RL Door
CH6 - RR Door

I would personally go with the Match UP 7BMW as it has discreet woofer channels with high power output. I would not want to have the two under seat woofers share the same output.

The only thing you'll need to figure out is what system came equipped in your car. You can determine this by using a VIN decoder website. You'll just need the last 7 digits of your VIN.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks dude.

Unfortunately, my car do not have any Amplifier so it seem to me that I can't use Match UP 7BMW as this is for BMW car with amplifier.

My follow up question is, do i need to do re-wiring for the under seat sub woofer so that I can separate it as an individual channel to control. Now, the front tweeter, mid range and woofer are stick together in the same channel......

· Registered
1,374 Posts
thanks dude.

Unfortunately, my car do not have any Amplifier so it seem to me that I can't use Match UP 7BMW as this is for BMW car with amplifier.

My follow up question is, do i need to do re-wiring for the under seat sub woofer so that I can separate it as an individual channel to control. Now, the front tweeter, mid range and woofer are stick together in the same channel......
Please do a VIN decode and confirm which audio package you have.

Once you do this I can assist further.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.