DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

How Many Installers Work at home

• Me me I Do

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As long as they do good work I don't care

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I find the this Tacky and would never go to them.

Votes: 1 12.5%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Many Installers you or someone else work out of their home ?

Did u find this experience pleasant ?

Does it really matter to you as long as they do good work ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
as long as you have a good reputation...i find people dont mind.
I do many simple installs out of the trunk of my car.... people love that all they have to do is give me their keys, then they can go back inside and do what they want... check on me periodically.

I personally wouldnt care if my installer used his home garage, or a garage he pays way too much in rent for...but, I'm not your average consumer.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i work out of my garage. and i do WAY better work than the other three professional shops in the area.

i only wish i would have taken pictures of the install eastcoast kustomz did for a guy i work with. 4 gauge power and ground wire to an american bass vfl 150.1 runnning 4 12s at 1 ohm. oh and the bass boost turned almost all the way up. when i asked the guy what that was all about, he told me the installer tol him that was to "break them in" for a couple weeks.

active crossovers for door mounted coaxial speakers, no crossover at all for rear coaxial door speakers.

two extra batteries in back, not secured. amps not mounted to anything and no big 3 upgrade.

i'd be ashamed to charge someone for work like that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts