DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You should be good for 1.5cuft sealed...then use a nice little converter to get your liters.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Well I used a sealed enclosure with mine, but I do seem to remember that a ported enclosure is the optimum enclosure for the KX series

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I just saw that too. WX is the Utopia level. KX mid, and Polyglass on the lower end.

Polyglass and KX I have owned, and sealed is both of them. I can see where WX is ported.

Forgive my mistake. I misread your original post. You should be good with 1.35 cu ft ported with that subwoofer.

--Joe

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just saw that too. WX is the Utopia level. KX mid, and Polyglass on the lower end.

Polyglass and KX I have owned, and sealed is both of them. I can see where WX is ported.

Forgive my mistake. I misread your original post. You should be good with 1.35 cu ft ported with that subwoofer.

--Joe
Hehe, no problem.

Hope there is anybody else here that can give me an answer :blush:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Greetings!

Depending on what alignment you need will determine vented or sealed for the 33KX. If you want the driver to be basically ruler flat with extension I can send you a vented enclosure design. -3db at 29 hz enclosure tuned to 31hz.

If you want the driver to have punch and drive then I can recommend a 1.35 to 1.5 cu ft sealed enclosure. Inverting the driver is fine and will work in any sealed enclosure between those sizes.

If you want the vented design just let me know!

Nick Wingate Jr.
National Training Coordinator
Focal America

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Greetings!

Depending on what alignment you need will determine vented or sealed for the 33KX. If you want the driver to be basically ruler flat with extension I can send you a vented enclosure design. -3db at 29 hz enclosure tuned to 31hz.

If you want the driver to have punch and drive then I can recommend a 1.35 to 1.5 cu ft sealed enclosure. Inverting the driver is fine and will work in any sealed enclosure between those sizes.

Nick Wingate Jr.
Focal America
Nick, you made the same mistake I did, it is a 33WX my friend.

--Joe W.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I get all kinda replies, but all about the enclosure volumes, and i am grateful that people take their time to answer about that, but as topic, i need to know how many liters the sub is itself :D

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
OH CARP...my bad. Can't help you there. Nick?

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Ok, sorry for my dyslexia!

33WX 45 liters 3" dia port 10 inches long F3 40hz

That should do it!!!

Nick
And if you have space, you could try 50 liters - 4" port that is 9" long - for an F3 of 37Hz

Kelvin

·
Registered
150 Posts
Greetings!

Nick Wingate Jr.
Focal America
Dear Nick, I am currently running my 33Kx in a 50 liters sealed enclosure and I would like to try it in a vented enclosure, can you please send me the dimensions for it?
Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts