DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

I have 2 boxes of I'm at 66 and I've only used three pieces so far. That's what you see on the deck so I basically still have like 91 pieces to do the entire rest of the car.

I could take another one and cut it up into really small pieces to get the parts that I missed but I'd rather do the rest of the car first see how much I have left over and then apply it at that point.

Based on what you're telling me I should probably do all four doors next I'm guessing? Either that or the trunk will give me the most results I'm thinking.

Lewis King
Yeah. I'd do the doors, concentrate on the front doors especially if you're not powering speakers in the rear doors. Get the outside skin and the inner sheet metal, be sure to cover the whole inner panel to cover up any holes you can. When you start running low, focus on the flat panels that do not have factory contours stamped into them. you can knock on a panel, if it resonates, ad deadener to that.

Save your scraps, you'll find places you can use them.

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Camry LE 2.4L - Seeing how good I can make cheap components sound.
592 Posts
How much deadener? All of it.

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Camry LE 2.4L - Seeing how good I can make cheap components sound.
592 Posts
Dude for real though I started my own bill log here and yeah I'm going to cover the entire car.
Seriously, I would do with one layer of butyl deadener and one layer of mass loaded vinyl. Additional layers help but not nearly as much as then first one.

They work together as a one two punch. The butyl dampens sympathetic vibrations that cause droning and can cancel out sound waves. The mass loaded vinyl muffles sounds entering the vehicle from the outside. Each damper material alone helps but the two together work much better than either one alone.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts