DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still contemplating porting my Tempest sealed in 4.5cf to ported 4.5cf ~25hz, just for that ultra low end that i feel like i'm missing.

The f3 on sealed 4.5cf is 37hz, f3 on 4.5cf ~25hz is 27hz. How much of a difference is that change when it comes into flat response as well as that low end bump.

As i know my car sounds really nice right now, but i feel like i seem to be having too much of a bump around 50-60hz and not enough down low <35hz because my f3 or -3db point on the sealed box is at 37hz, so the roll off is killing my low low end. Where i want that low end felt rumble without having to turn up my volume anymore or sub level anymore, where i'm getting too much of a boost at 50-60hz and not enough sub<35hz for that low end rumble. Also how will the SQ difference be?

I keep asking as i'm not sure if i want to change my complete box, if idon't like the ported sound, then i'm not sure if i can change it back to sealed, and have it be strong enough, also would like the extra few DB's as well going ported, plus a better low end, and hopefully better SQ as well.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Usually for a midsize sedan, you'd want an f3 of about 60hz for a flat response :D

Ported box will have a 24db lowend rolloff, sealed 12db. Not sure what you're asking eheh.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mabey i'm just not used to a flat response then if a f3 of a mid sedan is 60hz....

hmm.

I think what i'm really asking is really how much more of a low end will 4.5cf ported to 25hz give me over a sealed 4.5cf?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts