DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a question regarding the SEAS W18NX (a.k.a. Nextels). I have a Zapco DC750.2 amp which makes 175W x 2 at 4 Ohms. The Nextels are 8 Ohm speakers and I'm wondering if I will be able to adequately drive the speakers with my current amp (approx making 85Wx2 @ 8Ohms).

I'm kinda getting mixed signals cause I've seen some people online powering them with 120 - 150W @ 4 Ohms and not having any complaints. But others have told me I need as much as 200W @8Ohms to really get the speakers to "sing."

Will I be missing out if I use the DC750.2 or should I just sell the Nextels and get something else? Any opinions from owners out there? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hey everyone, I have a question regarding the SEAS W18NX (a.k.a. Nextels). I have a Zapco DC750.2 amp which makes 175W x 2 at 4 Ohms. The Nextels are 8 Ohm speakers and I'm wondering if I will be able to adequately drive the speakers with my current amp (approx making 85Wx2 @ 8Ohms).

I'm kinda getting mixed signals cause I've seen some people online powering them with 120 - 150W @ 4 Ohms and not having any complaints. But others have told me I need as much as 200W @8Ohms to really get the speakers to "sing."

Will I be missing out if I use the DC750.2 or should I just sell the Nextels and get something else? Any opinions from owners out there? Thanks for your help.
You should be fine. I used 2 channels of a DC1000.4 for the longest time. ([email protected]) I wound up with an extra DC1000.4 and then bridged it on them. (575 [email protected]) I could tell a difference but wasn't 'missing' anything either way.

K

1 - 2 of 2 Posts