DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many square feet of CLD sound deadener should I get to do the front doors and trunk of my 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE? I have a couple of Memphis Power Reference 10's in a dual sealed ProBox in my trunk so I don't need a lot there, but I want very little rattle up front since I am putting in a JBL C608GTI MKII 6.5" comp set. I'm either going with Audio Technix, sounddeadenershowdown, or MurderMat if its any good. Recommendations?

·
Registered
161 Posts
if your getting the cld tiles like on the showdown site, he has an equation, measure the door as if it were a rectangle and in inches its L x W / 240. the number it gives you is the number of tiles you need. round up

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if your getting the cld tiles like on the showdown site, he has an equation, measure the door as if it were a rectangle and in inches its L x W / 240. the number it gives you is the number of tiles you need. round up
That gives me 4 tiles. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
161 Posts
It depends on how big youre doors are, so I cant really say if that is right. I would go ahead and grab a few extra to be able to do the outer and inner door skins, and the door panel itself. There is a section on there that shows how he suggests doing it, in case you hadnt seen it.

I've never actually used his tiles or method, This will be my first time not covering the whole door in material.

(btw, knukonceptz is releasing their own cdl tiles on the 18th. Its 20mils thicker and im quite sure cheaper)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts