DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of my budget build for my Volvo, I'm trying to use things I have lying around as much as possible.

I have a Rockford Fosgate Punch 12" Sub (P1S412) with the following TS parameters: http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/library/2007/5_Subwoofers/P1S412_revA-TS.pdf

They recommend 1.02 cu.ft. in a sealed box, but I have an old QLogic 0.85 cu.ft. sealed box I'd like to use. How much should I stuff the box to get the ideal situation using what I have?

Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
if you are talking about stuffing it with polyfill, then the general rule is 1 lbs per cuft. any more than that and you will simply start displacing more volume than it helps.

·
Registered
564 Posts
The number isn't 1 lb/ft^3 if you wanna get ideal, that's more or less the maximum number.

Does anyone have the graph, how much effective volume a box gets depending on how stuffed it is?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Ultimate Polyfill Subwoofer Enclosure Resource - AudioJunkies

quote from the article. That is Tom Nuisaine's numbers. he is pretty knowledgeable on the subject
A few rules of thumb: Stuff small enclosures those with up to about 3 cubic feet of internal volume or less with 1.5 pounds of fiberfill for each cubic foot of internal volume and you should get about a 30-percent increase in box volume without seriously affecting other performance variables. For larger enclosures, add stuffing at a rate of approximately 1 pound per cubic foot and you should get a virtual-space boost of about 25 percent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts