DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a Lincoln navigator I am considering doing a sub install in like below and I know how you would make the mold etc to create this type of install, but how would you actually attach it to the vehicle? And don't you think this type of setup would cause excessive rattling of plastic?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Setup is dumb and lame. To small of a box. Above all you loose your rear side windows.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Its a show car. If your trying to drive that every day...well, good luck.
But to answer your question you would replace or use the panels that factory. then use a bolt through the back of the enclosure to secure it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
For each side I would bend 2 pieces of flat stock to contour to the shape of the window vertically, from below the window line to above the window line.

Drill 3-4 holes in each piece insert bolts through the holes and weld bolts in place from behind and weld the 2 pieces to the vehicle (notching the headliner and interior quarter panel if necessary.

I would than built the rear piece of the box with MDF and drill holes to line up with the bolts you welded into place and lock washer and a big washer and bolt into place.

Start fiberglassing

This will give you a solid mounting of the enclosure

As far as resonance : CLD, rock solid enclosure and rock solid panels will help.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The bottom is obviously molded around the factory panels and fastened to them. The top of the enclosure is probably fastened beneath the roof rails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts