DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I check my Subwoofer which has a 2Ohm DVC, for its Polarity and Impedance? For Impedance I check each voice coil separately. How do I check the Polarity? Same way? Connect the positive and negative of one voice coils and test it against a 9V Battery? And repeat the same for the other voice coil?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
I'm old school...i always use a 9v battery to confirm polarity. Check each VC separately to be sure touching the red from each VC to + on the battery and the Black to negative moves the sub up.

so yes.

·
Registered
11,974 Posts
I'm old school...i always use a 9v battery to confirm polarity. Check each VC separately to be sure touching the red from each VC to + on the battery and the Black to negative moves the sub up.

so yes.

exactly....this

What if the sub only goes one direction??
not posible. if you switch polarity it will go the other way. remember you are testing EACH coil one at a time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know that lol. I'm advanced MECP and have been doing this for years.. this is the first time I've ever seen this happen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Like the gap is too high. But it's perfect. Coil reads perfect as well. Very odd. My only guess is factory defect. Maybe only top of coil is working

1 - 6 of 6 Posts