DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
You need a very short digital coax cable that connects to the back of the joying unit.

Next you need a coax to optical output converter. If you buy one like this, you can power it through one of the joying USB connections and stash it in your dash.

And finally, you'll need the optical cable to stretch to wherever your H800 is.

Links provided are just examples (what I bought to use in my Joying install)

This does not account for any extra steps you may need particular to the H800, I've never used that DSP.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was hoping for less chain of items to get this working, but it is what is

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
You need a C800 controller and it would suggest to use RCA output from your joint head u it, unless it has optical output than use optical.

H800 will not turn on without C800 remote.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need a C800 controller and it would suggest to use RCA output from your joint head u it, unless it has optical output than use optical.

H800 will not turn on without C800 remote.

The joying unit has optical out

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
The joying unit has optical out

...but that does not mitigate the need for the C800 in order to control the H800.
Other then the C800 interface, the ONLY other way to communicate with and control the H800 is by using it with an AiNet HU also from Alpine.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...but that does not mitigate the need for the C800 in order to control the H800.
Other then the C800 interface, the ONLY other way to communicate with and control the H800 is by using it with an AiNet HU also from Alpine.
All I need is volume control, which I'm hoping I can do with the headunit

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
All I need is volume control, which I'm hoping I can do with the headunit
So what is the H800 going to do for your system??

If the Joying HU has a DSP and volume control, why leave the H800 in the loop if its not going to do anything or if you cant control what it is going to do??

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi all

I'm changing my headunit to a Joying android headunit seen here Joying EU Warehouse 7 Inch Double Din Android 8.1.0 Car Music System 4GB+64GB with Built-in DSP which has SPDIF Digital Audio Outputout, now my question is how do I or what lead do I need to connect it to my Alpine H800?

Thanks in advance
What is your music source? If its an android phone you can use a usb soundcard and go optical straight to the processor. Or you can use somethings like a mosconi amas for hi res Bluetooth straight to the processor. The android unit is going to be the weakest link in the signal chain and isnt helping your sound quality much. Heres a link for what I use. The phone also controls the volume of the optical output.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I don't care if you hooking the unit up with optical or rca! You need c800 to power up the unit end of story.

Otherwise as other members stated you need Alpine unit to connect through AI cable and communicate with Alpine HU.

Thank you

Reactions: dumdum
1 - 13 of 13 Posts