DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car/truck thingy :p (2008 Sport Trac)has a funky hookup on the main power. I'm cleaning up some wiring, so I need help.

There is a cable going from B+ to the fuse box about 1 foot away. The fuse box has 2 connections- simple stud posts 3/4" on center. The factory wire has a single ring with 2 holes on it for the connection (proprietary). How can I do this up nice and pretty with 1/0 and beefy connectors (yes, just for looks).

I have an old capacitor buss bar that I could drill some additional holes, the cut/grind to the size I want, using some nice hardware to attach ring terminals. That's the best I've thought up. I'll get some pics up hopefully tomorrow for some visual representation.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pics would help
Yeah, that is a bit ambiguous, huh? If this terminal had 3/4" spacing, it would work perfect (wife is gone with my car, so I can't take a pic right now)
Stinger 0 Gauge Ground Terminal

Maybe that will help a little until I can take a pic. Or, if any of you have done a Big 3 upgrade on a 2006+ Explorer, it should be the same.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
You could get one of those Stinger terminals and slot the holes with a dremel to fit your stud centers...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im sure you could get some copper bar stock an drill your own holes
I have basically that now. Some of these:
MA Audio MLB7 Capacitor Accessories Capacitors Car Accessories and Installation Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix
but they came from a Partsexpress buyout. I was thinking of cutting it to the length I need, and drilling holes for the factory posts. Then use a nice ring terminal and nut/bolt (nice plated stuff from a battery terminal) to hold it. This is how I will go unless someone has a better idea between now and probably next weekend.

Oh, no pics right now. It's raining so hard that it sounds like someone is playing double-bass on the roof of my house!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts