DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Passat came with RCD 300 stereo system, here's the aerial connector point:

I am upgrading to have Bluetooth built-in and got a Blaupunkt VW MID EU UP1 being told it would be a straight swap. However, the double aerial at the back is narrower than in the RCD 300 and the connector does not match:

The installer did not want to cut my wires and do a join. Is there an adaptor I can get or what are my options?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
My research indicates I need some kind of Fakra adaptor, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

I also am unsure if the microphone is part of the unit or separate. It seems like this was a band upgrade choice, I'll bring it back tot he scrapyard.

Can someone recommend a model I can look for that will be compatible with the RCD-300 connections and be self contained Bluetooth?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I found this young mechanic, wow, opened it up, took apart out the old connections, removing these bits:

This enabled him to then fit the existing connections into the new aerial in like 3 min.

So moving onto the next "issue! Bluetooth audio is enabled in the settings but when I go into media "BT-audio" is disabled.

My phone does not pick up a Bluetooth signal from it. Do I need to get something additional? I read in YouTube comments for another system that there was a Bluetooth module box under the passenger seat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so I have learned a bunch more. Bluetooth audio is enabled by installing a Bluetooth module. I have not been able to find one second-hand, some are on eBay but seem to come with the harness (the necessary connecting wires and bits), most from Lithuania. I have found some new that will work, like Volkswagen 9W2 Bluetooth Module Plug Play Harness for RNS 510 Golf Tiguan Passat | eBay for £163.80.

I found the more affordable 9W2 Bluetooth Module Plug Play Wiring Harness For VW Golf MK6 Passat B6 Tiguan Jetta MK5 MK6 RCD510 Microphone 1K8035730D| | - AliExpress €53 but would be taking a chance with it. Any thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts