DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to start off by saying ever since i built a new box for my 2 8s tuned to 32 notes i have been obsessed with trying to dig lower. I'm going to sell my 2 8s and am looking to get some new subs. I got 6cuft to work with and I plan on picking up a saz 2500. I considered picking up 4 sa-8s but was looking for other suggestions

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: How to get low lows in 4cuft?

Well I could get 6 cubes but then I wouldnt be able to store anything on top the box. I have an ext cab Colorado and I would like to keep the box short enough to store stuff on top.

·
Registered
64 Posts

4 cubes is alot of airspace for most subs, and you have alot of options. I'd look at more of like two 12"s or a 15 if your trying to get the low end out of it. The Best low end sub i've ever used was a JBL Pro 2245 - 18" in a 4 cube foot box, I had that ported at 20 hz and was awsome. Felt it didn't hear it..Here's a pic of when I ran two of them in my Dakota

·
Registered
57 Posts

tune 30hz an below with a super enclosure and alot of cone.

·
Registered
157 Posts

I'm going to start off by saying ever since i built a new box for my 2 8s tuned to 32 notes i have been obsessed with trying to dig lower. I'm going to sell my 2 8s and am looking to get some new subs. I got 6cuft to work with and I plan on picking up a saz 2500. I considered picking up 4 sa-8s but was looking for other suggestions
You don't need a large box to get low...my most recent setup was some Sundown SA-12's on a SAZ-1500Dv2 in a 3 cube box and it banged out the mid to low 20's nicely.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts