DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Checking in to see if you'll update this thread any time soon. If you can add anything about acoustical phase it would be appreciated. I always seem to have some sort of phase issue and not completely sure where it's at. Probably over a few bands between sub and midbass frequencies. I've been messing around with the new Helix DSP software "autotune" RTA. After rereading this thread I can see now why the uncorrelated pink noise is killing my bass with the target curve on there. I believe if I switch to white noise it'll be more of what I'm looking for.

Another question I have is your comments about having a smooth transition between different sets of EQ bands. What would be the biggest difference you would have in bands that are next to each other or over a range of a few bands. Example in my 2 way, my left mid bass has 200hz at -6, then 250hz and 315hz at -15db, then 400hz at -7db. I have a huge "hill" I'm trying to cut to get to my target curve and not sure if that's causing any issues or not. The right mid isn't as drastic but still has decent cuts in the same area. Sorry if these are dumb questions but I'm a novice. Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wish you have continued this thread.
Would it be better to measure in ear canal entry point ? Where our ear lobe is supposed to collect sound waves and reflect them right into the canal.
Or we just measure to fix the environment and not to the subjective hearing at first?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Really easy to read, maybe clear up the bullet like point entries in the 2nd post as it is a little unclear, I mean I did google a few things however i skipped over it due to that much googling being needed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
First off, I tried searching for the most appropriate thread to jump into, so if I brought this back from the dead for no reason I apologize!

If you know of a better thread for it or if you think I need to start my own just tell me so.

Anyways. I did my first playing around with the umik-1 and REW today. This is a full system reading from a pink noise track I generated in Audacity.

I've got the Dayton DSP installed, but right now I have it set up as a pass through with no processing in these readings. Crossovers are done via the amps and passive on the front components.

I've included two curves, one with the bass knob 3/4 up and one with the bass knob 1/4 up.

Just looking to get any comments I can as I am very new to REW and DSP tuning.

Thanks!
First Baseline RTAs_072218_1532293923122.jpg

·
Registered
17,645 Posts
Try hosting your image on Imgur.. The one you posted wont load

21 - 29 of 29 Posts