DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got 2 l7 15 in 3.5 cu ft ported tune @ 35 hz with hifonics 2600 amp brutus. its loud makes throat vibrate and cans bounce in drink holders but i want the hair trick kinda lound like on the youtube videos what do i need 2 more subs more power ???? any suggestions please its in avalanche so i got good room

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
much more cone area. that is how the hair trick is done. moving as much air as possible. you would need minimum 4 of those subs and a nicely sealed cabin (if we are talkin suv) in order for the pressure to build up and flow out the open window.

·
Registered
31 Posts
For one thing your box is way too small and how the hell did you fit (2) 15" in a avalanche?

If you seal that cab good (with dynamat or something like that) and get a optimal size box, you should be able to do some sort of hairtrick.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
replaced mid gate with 3/4 mdf faceplate and box is in bed. This was recommendation by kicker i tried to tell this guy i wanted between 5 and 6 cubes. he insisted 3.5 worked best for low loud if you look at jl stealthbox thats what i patterned it after

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how bout those Fi 18" how pricy are they which version or is the l7 in the same arena. i know i could do 4 with little work i could do 3 18's as well. and im wired at 2 ohms so amp claims 2000watts ??

·
Registered
729 Posts
is blowing hair around really all you're after?

Just remove all your subwoofers and install a big fan in the back of the truck and turn it on high. It'll blow people's hair around.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
is blowing hair around really all you're after?

Just remove all your subwoofers and install a big fan in the back of the truck and turn it on high. It'll blow people's hair around.
very nice haha

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
My guess is your enclosure is not correct for this and your cabin is not sealed enough. Mostly though it is your enclosure. I have a single 15 on 1500 watts and can do a partial with my seats down in my solara, my boys 4 10's does even better than mine with a hatchback. It is all about moving some air. Also look at tuning higher. 45 hertz or so. You will be amazed at the output. Also how big is the port. Not enough area will choke those subs.

·
Registered
831 Posts
i got 2 l7 15 in 3.5 cu ft ported tune @ 35 hz with hifonics 2600 amp brutus. its loud makes throat vibrate and cans bounce in drink holders but i want the hair trick kinda lound like on the youtube videos what do i need 2 more subs more power ???? any suggestions please its in avalanche so i got good room
YouTube - Mad Mike Approves! - 16,000 Watts 4 18's...Ridiculous Bass-Classics from 2004

This guy makes it happen at 27hz. More cone area + huge port + loads of power.

Solo X 15's 5KW a piece might do it. Hell I could be wrong, but most of the ones I see are many huge woofers and insane amounts of power.

Make no mistake, I saw the same gear (15" L7's off the 2600W hifonics) this weekend at a show put up 147 and change dB....was very very loud, but a ways from hair trick air movement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah i definitely thought about to hifonics amps but i know i would need second alternator and the cheapest setup i found was like 450 for alternator and bracket kit if anyone knows of cheaper deal let me know also what is best power amps jl, rockford zapco, sundown, hifonics, ect please input model #'s too

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Amp manufacturer is irrelevant. hifonics is fine for what you are doing . They are a little overrated powerwise but acceptable.

I have long hair. My sons in his Mazda 3 will flutter my hair on a 1000 watts. he has 4 10's. his enclosure is tuned to 45 hertz. in car it plays to the upper 20's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
replaced mid gate with 3/4 mdf faceplate and box is in bed. This was recommendation by kicker i tried to tell this guy i wanted between 5 and 6 cubes. he insisted 3.5 worked best for low loud if you look at jl stealthbox thats what i patterned it after
that size box is good for 1 15l7. Mine was in a 4.0 cu ft slot port to 32 hz and it was loud and deep. you are choking those woofers 10x

IMO scrap that box and give them atleast 3.5 per woofer

1 - 20 of 36 Posts