DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
i had a guy doing hair tricks years ago with 6 10 inch kove KLD subs on 2 usacoustics 2150s modded to do about 600 watts an amp...this was in a single cab 210 with a cut through and a 6th order bandpass....of course, the box took up 80% of his bed....

·
Registered
1,756 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ten cubes at 31 hz with 160 square inches of port and you will be moving more than just hair lol.

You move more air by tuning lower, not higher, I don't know why on ear you guys would say something like that.

Kevin

·
Registered
118 Posts
gotta be loud , my buddies truck almost does it. hair moves a lot but not like standing up... yet. He has 2 memphis mojo 15s and 10kw of power. he does a 155 on the glass in the stock class for spl, which is amazing.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Wish I had a small hatchback.

cabin gain/car accoustics will make a huge difference apparently. Tuning to 25 is very very low.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wish I had a small hatchback.

cabin gain/car accoustics will make a huge difference apparently. Tuning to 25 is very very low.
oh yeah it does, my buddy who does the 155 has a jeep cherokee, It was his goal to hit that # cause in the stock class he was told it was impossible with such a big truck. He is looking now for a crx or a yugo, or like a chevette to put the same system in and probably do like a 160

·
Registered
2 Posts
i got 2 l7 15 in 3.5 cu ft ported tune @ 35 hz with hifonics 2600 amp brutus. its loud makes throat vibrate and cans bounce in drink holders but i want the hair trick kinda lound like on the youtube videos what do i need 2 more subs more power ???? any suggestions please its in avalanche so i got good room
I can do a decent hair trick with 1 12w6 on a dd1500 in a cc silverado so I'm sure with the right box its possible with what you got

·
Registered
2 Posts
i got 2 l7 15 in 3.5 cu ft ported tune @ 35 hz with hifonics 2600 amp brutus. its loud makes throat vibrate and cans bounce in drink holders but i want the hair trick kinda lound like on the youtube videos what do i need 2 more subs more power ???? any suggestions please its in avalanche so i got good room
I've got 2 jl12w6 in 9.3 cubes tuned to 30 and it does pretty nice hair tricks and they are in a Silverado crew cab on a DD dm1500 it's all about your box big port and tune low

21 - 36 of 36 Posts