DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

how to make custom passive xovers?

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  xDeLiRiOuSx 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm planning to make my own xover,
any site which have a step by step procedure, computations etc.
or to make it a lot easier for me if you have it already, maybe you can give me the parts and diagram and I can build it, and probably where to buy them, thanks a lot, by the way, I am going to cut off the mids at 1.5k, is this ok? if the tweets are cut off at 2k, it's like there is a small gap between them or should I just cut off the mids at 2k,
thanks again

#4 ·
I'd like to know why some people prefer to make passive xovers while others prefer to go active xovers. Since you'll be spending money to build the xovers, wouldn't it be worth it to invest in a little more to buy a digital xover and a small amp to power the tweeters? With an active setup, you could adjust the xover points on the fly.

I'm personally thinking of going active. What does everything think?

David

#5 ·
I already have three amps on the car which is a lot already for the stock alt. the front stage amps are audison vrx amps, I dont want to add another amp which is not a vrx so it would be expensive for me to add another amp, just the xover accessory for the vrx already cost like an amp in case I buy another vrx. so going for a passive xover would be a lot cheaper alternative for me, and most important of all, less strain on the electrical system
I've thought of getting another one, but it would really strain the power in the car

the system by the way goes like this
hu then ac eqx,
1 vrx for midbass in doors, another vrx for the highs, mids/tweets on kicks and another tweet on sails, then another audison for the subs
thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.