DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, so I got a JBL basspro hub subwoofer installed in my wheel well area , not much rattling, but it's shaking my rear dash cam on the liftgate. Will sound deadening or dampening stop or minimize the shaking? What are my options?

'19 Mazda CX5 btw.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Turn down your music while backing up? Adding some CLD will help. But, not sure if you can stop it altogether.

What does your installation look like? A few photos will help a lot.

FYI: I can blare bass on my system and not affect the rear view camera.

Ge0

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turn down your music while backing up? Adding some CLD will help. But, not sure if you can stop it altogether.

What does your installation look like? A few photos will help a lot.

FYI: I can blare bass on my system and not affect the rear view camera.

Ge0
To clarify. I'm not talking about the backup camera. The dash cam that records video in case I get into an accident. The rear cam is attached to the upper rear window.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
To clarify. I'm not talking about the backup camera. The dash cam that records video in case I get into an accident. The rear cam is attached to the upper rear window.
Need to secure it to a more stable surface. It's probably on some clamp or lever arm with a mechanical advantage. Maybe mount the thing with play dough or modeling clay?

Ge0

·
Registered
844 Posts
What does it matter? If it's just there to record video if you get in an accident and maybe get used, who cares if it shakes a little? Get one that has image stabilization or something.

·
Registered
119 Posts
What does it matter? If it's just there to record video if you get in an accident and maybe get used, who cares if it shakes a little? Get one that has image stabilization or something.
It will matter if he needs to pull a plate or something. Will image stabilization be that effective to still get clear pics of plates?

·
Registered
844 Posts
It will matter if he needs to pull a plate or something. Will image stabilization be that effective to still get clear pics of plates?
Usually image stabilization does a pretty good job. It depends how much it shakes, if it's on a rear window I doubt it would shake more than a few mm. Image stabilization in most cases just crops out edges to stabilize the picture. If it's just shaking a little bit from subs, it'll likely cover that.

FWIW, in Florida (or many other states) it wouldn't matter. We have no front plates, and nobody would care about your video. Your insurance might use it as evidence when they go after the other insurance company, but it's not going to change how they treat you. Hell, they're probably not even going to properly get the video to their legal department, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts