DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a couple of these short RCA bridging splitters:

But unfortunately they are too loose; they easily slide off with the slightest tug. I'm pretty sure that a static sound I occasionally hear is due to the cables rattling when going over bumps.

They seem to be high quality overall, and I can't find any other bridging cables in that size. So I'd like to tighten them if possible. But I don't want to just squeeze the sleeves together because that will make them oval shaped and reduce contact area.

Should I return them, and if so does anyone have recommendations for short bridging splitters (ideally about 2 feet total length)?

Or is there some sort of tool that can tighten the sleeves into smaller rounds, by applying pressure evenly around the whole circumfrence? I would love to learn how to tighten cables if there is a way.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
I bought a couple of these short RCA bridging splitters:

But I don't want to just squeeze the sleeves together because that will make them oval shaped and reduce contact area.
carefully bending them in a little from each side is the way to tightening them. It may take them a little out of round, but then when you plug them in, there will be enough tension on all sides that you will be fine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. Using pliers on the outside of the sleeve worked well. As @miniSQ and @Thomasluke7899 say, just a little bit of pressure is all that was needed. Now they are nice and tight.

Before I wised up and followed your advice, I tried pushing the sleeves down a funnel, figuring that would squeeze them round. But for whatever reason that didn't tighten them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts