DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here's my problem, when I have my speakers hooked up to my amp "ORION HP-4600", i have to have the gain turned up pretty much all the way to get them to be reasonably loud for highway driving. The way I have it set up now is the speaker crossovers are bridged on channels 1+2 and 3+4 respectively, with the RCA's coming off the deck (PIONEER DEH-p6000 with some other letters at the end maybe ub or ib) and they go into the amp at channels 1 and 2 with the input mode button selected to 1/2 channel

I have attached this pic to show what the back of the amp looks like and I was wondering if I have to use Y connectors on the amp because the speakers are bridged, or if I should plus the RCA's straight from the deck to channel 1 and 3 because im bridging it. I hope this pic clears it up and any help to the right way to hook up my RCA's would be great, I dunno, but I'm just assuming it is not right to have to turn my gain all the way up to near maximum level.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I don't see an input selection switch that lets you pick whether you want to use 4ch input or only 2ch input. If that switch isn't there, you likely have to have inputs to all 4 channels. I'm assuming your driving your front stage with 1/2 running left and 3/4 running right, or something similar. Just use a Y to split the left rca into 1&2 and the right rca into 3&4.
When you set your gains, are you starting with the volume at 3/4?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you look to the right of the amp you can see the input switch, just below and slightly to the right of indicator LED's, yes I was starting with the volume at 45 with a max of 62.....

·
Registered
285 Posts
That's odd. Looks like you can onlyuse one set on inputs at a time unless the labeling is just poor. If youre only running rcas to 1&2, make sure the switch is in 1/2 mode. Of that's not working, try the splitters and set the switch to the 3/4. Splitters are cheap. Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i went with Y splitters and just used the 3/4 input mode, sounds really good (hopefully better after door treatments), however my gains are still set near max level, but I guess that must be just how this amp works. Thanks for everythin tho!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts