DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/off-topic/56031-karma.html#post686936

The above link has pictures to a Sinfoni Monoblock 60.1. You'll see how a portion of the top was cut-out and replaced with plexi. It looks real nice.

First question, is this a good idea at all? This one was done this way as a display, would heat cause problems?

Second question, how/where would one get this done to the others so they all match? Its quite attractive:)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I second TAP plastic. I had them make something and it was excellent. If you where around Oklahoma I could give a place but I know you are not.

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that seems like a great place to get the window, what about the cut? Any ideas who could route out a nice window like that that holds the plexi?

Any thoughts on heat? I always run 4 ohms or higher so it shouldn't get too hot.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
So you need someone to machine you a rectangle?

You need a machine shop or something if you want the heat sink cut out... but getting the plexi in place would as easy as a table saw...

Heck, some quality time with a jigsaw and a dremmel could get you the cutout in the heatsink... not as professional looking as a machine job though...

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you need someone to machine you a rectangle?

You need a machine shop or something if you want the heat sink cut out... but getting the plexi in place would as easy as a table saw...

Heck, some quality time with a jigsaw and a dremmel could get you the cutout in the heatsink... not as professional looking as a machine job though...
ahem...its a pretty rectangle, thank you very much.:) It is actually routed into two depths like a shelf. The plexi makes a good contact with a grooved out depth of the metal. I understand it could be done with a dremel..that's kind of the problem with spendy amps, I'm less excited to screw it up than if it were a cheaper amp.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
ahem...its a pretty rectangle, thank you very much.:) It is actually routed into two depths like a shelf. The plexi makes a good contact with a grooved out depth of the metal. I understand it could be done with a dremel..that's kind of the problem with spendy amps, I'm less excited to screw it up than if it were a cheaper amp.
ahhh, ok, it's stepped...

No I totally understand, If I owned those amps, I would want the same quality... I was just playin...

but really, a router table could do the step...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts