DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's hard to tell how someone is in text alone so occasionally someone reading will get bent out of shape without knowing the true tone of the person at the time the text was being typed. Well, here's a thread where we can all let others know how we truly are in real life. I get it, some of you don't want to reveal too much about yourself and that's fine. For those who want to allow others to understand the real you this is the thread for it.

I'm best described as sarcastic, snarky at times, very caring in my own way, a work ethic that won't quit, and you have to earn my respect. I do like to joke around a lot even though my stance can seem pretty serious. If someone I know AND care about needs help I'll go out of my way to make sure they're taken care of. I won't hardly give someone who's a "user" the time of day. Also pretty shy and introverted around people I don't know and/or people I haven't seen in a really long time. Once I warm up to you I'll talk your ear off. I'm one of those people who you have to talk with for a while to realize I'm a very interesting person. Also have a slight case of resting bitch face. There's another person on this forum that has that condition too and our personalities seem to be similar from my observations:p;)Oops, there I am being a cut-up again:surprised:I would have to say my biggest downfall is I'm pretty passive aggressive even though I can also be pretty blunt at times. Yes my big downfall gets me in trouble sometimes and working on taming that. One side of my brain is also overdeveloped while the other side is underdeveloped. There are things that are learned behavior because it's nearly impossible for my brain to do it naturally. Those that have met me in person and think I'm an odd bird now know what's causing it. Then again, this hobby seems to attract odd birds;)Through it all I always try to be myself and remember where I came from. Trying to be someone I'm not is too much work and a bad way to go through life.

Well, now you have full disclosure about the hillbilly. Who's next?

·
Registered
239 Posts
INTJ

According to my wife, as well as a managers empathy training program at work, I lack empathy. Actually, I failed to recognize nearly every facial emotion, outside of aggression, on my program at work. Good thing I work in a small group environment with clear communication but did have a Dispatcher report me after giving her some constructive criticism. Grid control isn't the place for people unable/unwilling to improve.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
INTJ

According to my wife, as well as a managers empathy training program at work, I lack empathy. Actually, I failed to recognize nearly every facial emotion, outside of aggression, on my program at work. Good thing I work in a small group environment with clear communication but did have a Dispatcher report me after giving her some constructive criticism. Grid control isn't the place for people unable/unwilling to improve.
Don't get me started on structural criticism. Had to hold back doing that to a new guy at work this morning after I spent time I didn't have fixing his colossal screwups. It's about ultimatum time for the boss he answers to because he'll be a lot nicer about it than I or the rest of my crew would. And yeah, I also lack empathy. High standards will do that to you.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm big on logic, common sense, and efficiency, and I get frustrated a lot becuz I find many or even most people don't think things thru or are too concerned about doing what's "nice" instead of what's best.

I'm slightly extroverted. I like to meet and talk with new people, but sometimes I find myself avoiding conversations if I'm trying to get something done. I would have to say I'm generally more interested in productivity than socializing.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I was on a temporary assignment to another shift during this excursion. This dispatcher was complaining about being passed up for a senior position in the past and was making up excuses in her head as to why. I only worked on that crew for a month & a half and it was blatantly obvious as to why she was passed up. While she does possess a solid skill set, she enjoys drama too much and never takes accountability for her own actions. I explained this to her very calmly & plainly in an attempt to have her self realize and improve. Instead I was reported for harassing her. Luckily there was a witness & one of the three stories from that shift didn’t match. Needless to say, nothing came of the complaint.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Syc0parh, did I write that ? :) Lol That sounds SO like me ! Now imagine I'm with a girl of whom logic means absolutely nothing ! For her, it's 100% how things feel, or how they seem, but never on how they really are, based on the facts......
But, she's pretty, and has a knockout body :) Plus, with her basing things completely on emotions, and me going completely by facts, maybe we balance each other out ?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Fish, I've been there w/ girls. To me, the biggest issue is whether she's receptive when u explain things. Does she calm down, understand what u'r saying, and accept the logic? Or does she dig in her heels, become defensive, and keep arguing even when u have shown that her point doesn't really make sense?

I've had both types of girlfriends, and things never lasted very long w/ the "dig in her heels" type!

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
I'm big on logic, common sense, and efficiency, and I get frustrated a lot becuz I find many or even most people don't think things thru or are too concerned about doing what's "nice" instead of what's best.

I'm slightly extroverted. I like to meet and talk with new people, but sometimes I find myself avoiding conversations if I'm trying to get something done. I would have to say I'm generally more interested in productivity than socializing.
The only joke I know that all women like is this:
Q: What do engineers use for birth control?
A: Their personalities!

The one all women hate is:
Q: Why do husbands generally die before their wives?

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
According to the Myers–Briggs test, I'm an INTJ. While intelligent, I tend to suffer from being harder on myself than anyone else and that sends me into these weird loops that are tough to get out of. The funny thing about these loops is that I tend to not ask for help because if someone does help bring me out of it, I get mad at myself for not being able to bring myself out of the loop. Interesting paradox, eh?

When I was younger, I was invited to become part of Mensa International, but I turned it down because one of my elder family members was pushing for it so hard whereas I didn't really care. I usually just think of IQ as a number on a piece of paper, UNLESS someone with their average IQ brags about having a high IQ to me... I tend to call them a 98 percenter to their face if they do this around me. That and aside from this post, are the only times I will ever mention IQ, lol.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
Without the presence of other information, like achievement... IQ is the best predictor of ability.

^That said^... motivation and stubbornness is often as important.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I thought about joining Mensa, but after looking into their online forums, I decided they were basically a bunch of dorks who really weren't very interesting. They didn't have much to offer other than being smart.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts