DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
better than nothing, just barely.

dont expect 1500 out of it. it is fused for 60A, that is 750 watts or so. since fusing is always higher than actual operation, you can expect less.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
better than nothing, just barely.
Meh....I disagree....nothing is possibly better.

Check youre local pawn shops and flea markets OP...you may find a better price.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
I'd tell you look for a used kenwood 9103D or 9104 9105 or deal on a new one. They are 900rms and fan cooled, and pretty cheap. They should make about that power. Its the cheapest amp I know what you are getting, lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd tell you look for a used kenwood 9103D or 9104 9105 or deal on a new one. They are 900rms and fan cooled, and pretty cheap. They should make about that power. Its the cheapest amp I know what you are getting, lol.
My 9104D makes 500w @ 2ohms on paper and is fused at 40a.
Good value monoblock if you can find one for

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
That boss amplifier will not put out more than 650watts MAX. It has only two 30amp fuses, so I cannot see it putting out 1200watts RMS or even the 2200watt MAX, EVER.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
ok what about $200 for a buget? also how should i hook up my subs there 2ohm should i hook up parallel or series?
Dual 2-ohm or single 2-ohm, never really remember any single 2-ohm woofers. For 200 bucks you will have to buy a used amplifier and trust me you can get a very decent one for that price. Even for 100 bucks you can get a decent one just has to be USED not new.

If they are dual 2-ohm you can configure each woofer to have a final load of either 1-ohm or 4-ohm. Then if you decide to go 1-ohm you can wire them to have either a .5ohm load or a 2-ohm load. Or ifyou decide to go 4-ohm you can wire them to be either 2-ohm or 8-ohm final load. It will depend on which amplifier you get but most likely you will use the final 2-ohm load since most amplifiers are 2-ohm stable, you'll just have to double check.

I highly recommend the JBL BP1200.1 or the BP600.1, I've had 3 BP1200.1's and can honestly say they never got hot or quit on me. The BP600.1 is a smaller amplifier but still can do the job if wired at 2-ohms. I will remind you the BP1200.1's I had, I always had them at 4-ohm (which was 600watts) and I was more than happy with that output power thats why a 600.1 can do you just as good.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
My 9104D makes 500w @ 2ohms on paper and is fused at 40a.
Good value monoblock if you can find one for
if it is fused at 40A, then 500W is optimistic. more than likely it will not draw 40A ever. so less than 500W would be more realistic.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
the wiring is shows to do is either one of these i just dont know if i should do the left or right one?
it will depend on the subs and what your amplifier will support.

if you get a basic mono amp that is 1 ohm stable, then get dual 4 ohm subs or 2ohm single coil subs and run them all parallel (left pic) this will give you a 1 ohm load.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
it will depend on the subs and what your amplifier will support.

if you get a basic mono amp that is 1 ohm stable, then get dual 4 ohm subs or 2ohm single coil subs and run them all parallel (left pic) this will give you a 1 ohm load.
True, only final loads he will accomplish by having two dual 2-ohms are: 0.5, 2 and/or 8 ohm loads.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
True, only final loads he will accomplish by having two dual 2-ohms are: 0.5, 2 and/or 8 ohm loads.
yup, dual 2 ohms are not what he wants, unless he buys a 2ohm stable mono or a pair of 4ohm bridged amps.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
My 9104D has 2x30A fuses written on the amp and I've seen a test at over 650rms on 13.5v (not 14.4). I'm not saying they are the best by far, just saying they are a deal and the cheapest amp I would run in my car that should not be way off the ratings. I've seen a test on the 8104D that was higher than rated. I have a MTX JH 600 that is 600rms with 3x25A fuses, but I've not run one, I should try it. My alpine M301 is 350rms and has 2x20A fuses iirc, I forget what the 500 has. But fusing is not a very good indicator of power anyway.

·
Registered
172 Posts
what are the power handling of your subs and the voice coil configuration? Dont buy that amp shop around. Search egay for alpine,phoenix gold, jl audio rockford fosgate look to by used on all the car audio classifieds too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts