DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,
Could anyone help me in regards to designing a High Pass X-over for a set of tweeters going into my a-pillars as abient/imaging tweets ?

They are LPG 25NFA and the only spec missing that you guys might need is mH which os .05 for them .
I do not know anything about this , and I don't have LEAP so I need help
They will be used on a 125 watt per channel amplifier along with another set of tweeters in the kicks which are 4 ohm tweets , but will be high passed by teh amps' channels . Power of 125 watts divided between the two , hopefully more power to the kick tweets since they are 4 ohms ??
The LPG will be high passed at 8k'ish
When doing the x-over do I get my values from the 6.8 resistance rating or the 8 ohm nomial rating ?

6.8 ohms = 1.45 uF + .27 mH
~ 8 ohms = 1.23 uF + .31 mH

Also I was told no Zobel resistor for correction should be used on tweeters . Is this correct ?

Thanx so much
P.S. Anyone know where to buy 1-way HPF x-over PCB boards from ?
I found this one at Solen > http://solen.ca/pcbhp.htm but shipping from Canada to USA makes them about $31 a piece .

·
Registered
531 Posts
Re: HPF crossover for ambient tweeters impedance & Value

Papi_J said:
Hello ,
Could anyone help me in regards to designing a High Pass X-over for a set of tweeters going into my a-pillars as abient/imaging tweets ?

They are LPG 25NFA and the only spec missing that you guys might need is mH which os .05 for them .
I do not know anything about this , and I don't have LEAP so I need help
They will be used on a 125 watt per channel amplifier along with another set of tweeters in the kicks which are 4 ohm tweets , but will be high passed by teh amps' channels . Power of 125 watts divided between the two , hopefully more power to the kick tweets since they are 4 ohms ??
The LPG will be high passed at 8k'ish
When doing the x-over do I get my values from the 6.8 resistance rating or the 8 ohm nomial rating ?

6.8 ohms = 1.45 uF + .27 mH
~ 8 ohms = 1.23 uF + .31 mH

Also I was told no Zobel resistor for correction should be used on tweeters . Is this correct ?

Thanx so much
P.S. Anyone know where to buy 1-way HPF x-over PCB boards from ?
I found this one at Solen > http://solen.ca/pcbhp.htm but shipping from Canada to USA makes them about $31 a piece .
pcb boards are not a must....hardwood or something will work fine....solder them all together and hot glue them down....

pcb's don't have any magic fairy sq dust on them :) save yourself some cash...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No fairy dust ? Darn !
Don't they keep resistance to a minimum though because the traces are proper ?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Papi_J said:
No fairy dust ? Darn !
Don't they keep resistance to a minimum though because the traces are proper ?
if you connect all the components directly to each other....why bother connecting them to anything else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts