DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to keep as few items in the install as possible but want to go with an active setup. Is there a good quality HU (~$500) that has an adequate DSP? Many moons ago, Eclipse had a nice single DIN DSP but I havent been able to find anything like that right now but I'd be willing to run a single DIN HU and DSP if one is out (double DIN dash). I dont care about Nav and all the iPod/Multimedia integration, I just want a nice sound flexible HU. Any ideas? Install is going in an '06 GTO so I dont have a lot of free space anywhere and would prefer the crossover/DSP in dash if at all possible. Appreciate any advice you guys/gals have.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/114156-new-old-stock-panasonic-cq-c9800u-cd-player.html

also another one one here as well..

you can still do custom graphics with the software download from panasonic as well.

MP3, WMA, CD, AM/FM In-Dash Receiver
Performance Digital internal amp (60 watts RMS x 4)
Motorized, detachable faceplate
Day and Night illumination
High Definition 3DDM animated display with user-customizable graphics
Spectrum analyzer
CD-R/RW Compatible
Direct track selection (with remote control)
Alphatuner V with Radio DSP
18 FM/6 AM presets
Seek tuning
SQ9 sound control (six preset tone curves and a 9-band equalizer)
Dynamic Control bass/treble enhancement
CD changer controls
Rear auxiliary input
5-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
variable high-pass (90-225 Hz) and low-pass (60-160 Hz) filters
Super Bass Control Subwoofer — activates level control and low-pass filter on rear speaker outputs
Clock
Wireless remote
60 watts RMS/70 peak x 4 channels
CD frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
CD signal-to-noise ratio 106 dB
FM sensitivity 13.2 dBf

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
A couple of thoughts:

Alpine 9887. Active DSP. A few show up here in the classifieds. About 250-300

Clarion DXZ785USB, 3way Active (2way + Sub). I've got one in my truck and love it. Not the prettiest girl at the ball, but knows all the moves. About 150-200. A great deal.

Alpine CDA-117 plus Imprint unit for active setup. About 350 and up for both pieces.

Just some thoughts. There are more. A couple older pioneers, eclipse, etc.

George

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A couple of thoughts:

Alpine 9887. Active DSP. A few show up here in the classifieds. About 250-300

Clarion DXZ785USB, 3way Active (2way + Sub). I've got one in my truck and love it. Not the prettiest girl at the ball, but knows all the moves. About 150-200. A great deal.

Alpine CDA-117 plus Imprint unit for active setup. About 350 and up for both pieces.

Just some thoughts. There are more. A couple older pioneers, eclipse, etc.

George
Thanks a bunch for the information. This gives me a direction to go in!

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,367 Posts
I find the Eclipse CD7100 to be an outstanding value, $150-$175 and they are generally on eBay NIB at that price.

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,367 Posts
That would be a great deal, but I haven't seen any that low in price.
I paid $130 for mine in the box. It wasn't new but you wouldn't know it if I didn't tell ya.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New, used, doesnt matter to me. I'm just trying to find a unit that will work well without taking up too much real estate. Double DIN is ok as well, just seems like they come with a bunch of other stuff I wont really use and the price goes up quick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts