DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellows, im getting ready to purchase a new HU and i was wondering what you all would suggest in the 200-350 range? I got a dcx unit so i dont care about the processing on deck, MP3 would be nice but all i really care is that its quality and works good.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
When you find one let me know :) It seems like almost every aftermarket hu I've used starts to have "issues" after a year or so... like slower read/more skipping, motorized faceplate issues, etc.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Denon rfx8250. Probably my favorite deck ever. No Mp3 but it has aux so you can hook up the ipod =]

·
Registered
290 Posts
hey can i just ask what are the cheapest units (second hand) with onboard crossovers ? im asking because i always wanted to do this with the head unit but i've pretty much given up as i need highpass and bandpass (my zx450 could do this but the frequencies were not independent)

·
Registered
880 Posts
My vote is for the Nakamichi CD500. Using the CD400 in one of my cars and is mighty pleased. The 500 has MP3.

mk 1982: I´d go for an Alpine 9833/35 altough the cheapest is probably an old Pioneer P9.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts