DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont know alot about them,found a 1 month old set for 50 shipped.they are 8 ohm.
any input on these?thanks in advance.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I thought the L1's were 6 ohm?...I could be wrong.
I ran them for awhile and they were my favorite part of the L631 set I was using, I kinda miss them.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
The L1's are 3/4" soft dome tweeters with a very natural sound.
Other than how they sound the thing I like the most about them is how shallow they are (11mm), so you can mount them virtually anywhere.
They are 8 ohm drivers with an fs of 2500 hz, so they should be cut pretty high.
The L1's where designed to be used with a wide band midrange that can play fairly high.
Those are no longer made and have been replaced with the L1v2's.
Here's a pic of the 3 HAT Legatia tweeters released so far.
From left to right: L1, L1v2 and L1 Pro.

Jorge.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I would hope so considering they are by far the most expensive. :D
Actually I posted wrong. I have the L1v2 and the L1 Pro's. I said Lv1Pro's were my favorite. I like the L1Pro's over the L1v2 (is what I meant to say) even though most people are raving about the "new L1v2" over the l1 Pro.

Just to avoid confusion on what I said. Plus I like the construction of the L1 Pro better.

Cost didnt win.....sound did. IMO.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Actually I posted wrong. I have the L1v2 and the L1 Pro's. I said Lv1Pro's were my favorite. I like the L1Pro's over the L1v2 (is what I meant to say) even though most people are raving about the "new L1v2" over the l1 Pro.

Just to avoid confusion on what I said. Plus I like the construction of the L1 Pro better.

Cost didnt win.....sound did. IMO.
So you are saying the most expensive one is built the best and has the best sound? Shocking! :p;) Just seems to be a bit of a no-brainer, as I would usually expect the higher end product in a company's product line to be the best performer. :D

·
Registered
641 Posts
So you are saying the most expensive one is built the best and has the best sound? Shocking! :p;) Just seems to be a bit of a no-brainer, as I would usually expect the higher end product in a company's product line to be the best performer. :D
More expensive doesn't always equal better....at least not for everybody.

In the modern day world of tweeters, flagship usually means brighter, "more detail" than the lower rank ones. So I'd rather have Morel Elate over Supremo, Dynaudio MD100/102 over Esotar, Focal #2 behind Beryllium Utopia, etc.

However you cut it, I'm very glad I'll never spend several hundred on a pair of tweeters I don't want. :D

·
Registered
3,903 Posts

Of those three the LV1Pros are my favorite.
Ummm......hehe....

Yes the L1's are "decent" tweeters. For $25 each, they're a steal considering their off axis response and size. They could be 32 ohm and you'd never know. Tweeters = mucho efficient.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts