DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
How can you be above a comb filter as it always has multiples of the lowest freq comb filter by nature? So if you have a dip at 500hz you’ll have one at 1khz, 2khz, 4khz etc and peaks in the middle, putting them as close to the screen/dash as you have done raises the comb filter to above the usable range, you can’t avoid a low down comb filter

and the focal has the same off axis response as any other driver that size…
Above the big dip , the 1st comb in the responce
The deep one that is the most problematic usually with off axis midrange in an a pillar configuration

Of course there’s multiples….. the big one is connected to width of car….. iirc

Above that there still dips and peaks , not as severe

But it ended up not being a issue. So meh

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Above the big dip , the 1st comb in the responce
The deep one that is the most problematic usually with off axis midrange in an a pillar configuration

Of course there’s multiples….. the big one is connected to width of car….. iirc

Above that there still dips and peaks , not as severe

But it ended up not being a issue. So meh
Yeah I think it was a reflective dip from the far side or rear, if we are lucky the comb filtering up high gets filled with the peak from the opposite side and rear and cancels

I have always wanted to make a car and tune the height and length to square up the comb filtered dips and peaks as best we can like they do with studios when making the perfect ratio 0.6:1:1.6

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeah I think it was a reflective dip from the far side or rear, if we are lucky the comb filtering up high gets filled with the peak from the opposite side and rear and cancels

I have always wanted to make a car and tune the height and length to square up the comb filtered dips and peaks as best we can like they do with studios when making the perfect ratio 0.6:1:1.6

Yeah me too, that would be cool. I played around with REW room simulator, couldn’t get the room small enough.

I’m still learning a bit on that also trying to predict how it’s going to behave….. soooo many variables makes my head spin 😵‍💫

21 - 23 of 23 Posts