DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made the ultimate, disabled-install friendly system. By disabled-install friendly I mean simply that I've destroyed my back this time so each subsequent tinkerings will be simple and easy:)

The bottom set of stacked Sinfoni''s aren't crooked, they are actually out and that's a poor picture. Installed correctly it is what you see only straight.

This isn't in the install section simply because I have no plan...I just wanted to make something:)

I believe a center channel will be an improvement. I own a deck with PL2 processing but am not going to use it. I've done the research and know how to do it all...just lacking inspiration at the moment to buy something (read: no money).

I hooked it up to the CDA 9887 Left Sub out, usually left blank. Audyssey fixes frequency errors and blah blah...I figured there was a slight chance that it was a summed to mono full range test chirp with intentions to fix what needed fixing not knowing how psychic the program was...I was foiled:)

The 5 inch peerless is covering the same frequenies as any other sub....so it isn't really a center channel right now.

Ay ideas?

The other deck with PL2 is a JVC AVX2 with DVD-A, and all but those programs only apply to the disc. Since I use my Ipod, mainly, I figure that may be out.

I do, however, own a laptop and a 6 channel firewire proaudio interface by presonus...anyway...I DID A DIYMA CUZ I'M A GOOD BOYEEEE!!!!!

I'm not crafty...this is actually very good work for me. :D
(I intend to replace the ugly screws;))

Attachments

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I have an Audio Control 4xs

4 way crossover, 3way crossover
4-channel crossover (front+rear 2-ways)

I have the Denon (shown) 7 Band EQ with faders and sub

I have an extra Sinfoni 150.2x driving it. Lowpass only

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"I hooked it up to the CDA 9887 Left Sub out, usually left blank. Audyssey fixes frequency errors and blah blah...I figured there was a slight chance that it was a summed to mono full range test chirp with intentions to fix what needed fixing not knowing how psychic the program was...I was foiled"

how many of you guys thought I was an idiot for trying this?:) What are the odds that Audyssey was going to give us a free center channel? C'mon...tally up. How many thought there was no way a full range summed to mono chirp would be coming out of the spare sub channel?

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It worked. Running a single 5 inch peerless as a sub has left it processed sounding like a center channel. However the logarithms work, it worked. It wasa full range chirp and IS a full range subwoofer. I do'thav tweet hooked up so I can't comment on the full range but more than just the low end of voics are being played and it is extremely well balanced. I have an enormous amount of power going to this speaker and it is handling it well (670 watts to a ten dollar 5 inch peerless...no need, I know...not the full 670) and staging, of course, is a thing of the past:D

Now for a full listen, I can't, not until my girlfriend comes home, that'sthe tradition.

The drawback, I'll need to use a bass knob on my sub amp for sub control as now the sub controls are for center vocals and subwofer....thats it!

edit: it had appeared not to have worked cuz my fat finger had engaged the low pass on the amp...I don't know why they didn't make IN the on position.....but, in all fairness, I learn this lesson ALOT!!!:D

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely a fullrange center channel. Also, the control of the sub does affect the center channel, obviously, but it seems to maintain balance this way. It actually sounds good...but wierd. Not sure how I feel about that but since I need to run a bass knob it doesn't matter. It sounds great and is louder than hell. It is doing great for a $10 speaker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts