DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The grand total is $1,809.18, and that is just what I paid. I think retail would be around double that. That doesn't include most of my wiring and other mis. stuff like labor! I know that most of you have spent probobly more, but this was very surprising to me. I think I'll stop for a while. :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
mr tibbs said:
The grand total is $1,809.18, and that is just what I paid. I think retail would be around double that. That doesn't include most of my wiring and other mis. stuff like labor! I know that most of you have spent probobly more, but this was very surprising to me. I think I'll stop for a while. :(
Did you allow anything for labor? If you did a DIY install and purchased the products off the internet it may be a good idea to go to a shop that sells the products you purchased and pay them a few bucks for an estimate to replace your system at retail (including labor). That way if there is a loss you will be insured for the full value of the install.

·
Registered
265 Posts
DigitalBoomer said:
Did you allow anything for labor? If you did a DIY install and purchased the products off the internet it may be a good idea to go to a shop that sells the products you purchased and pay them a few bucks for an estimate to replace your system at retail (including labor). That way if there is a loss you will be insured for the full value of the install.
That wouldn't be a bad idea! I never thought about that!

David

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I think my policy is for $4K total, so I'm hoping that will cover everything. Really I hope I never have to use this policy!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
demon2091tb said:
What do we do if majority of the brands i run arn't carried in stores.......because there really not.......except my alpines.
My insurance guy just wanted pics mainly. I asked him if he wanted reciepts and he said if I have them great, if not don't worry about it. ;)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Check with your respective insurance companies, since many do NOT cover labor cost$... purchased gear and manufactured / built (e.g, sub enclosure) items are generally all that are covered... :(

:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm in at just under $10'000 so far (retail). And that not including any install or non audio products (which havent been cheap!). But hay, it's a hobby right!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bdubs767 said:
how much did it raise your insurancce to have that stuff claimed?
Actually I really don't know. I just switched companies and my monthly price for full coverage on my car, renter's ins for my apt, and the coverage on the car stereo is $89 per month. After 6 months I will bring the G/F over and add her and her car to my policy and it will raise the total price to $123 per month. Not too shabby! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts