DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an alpine cda-9835 after seeing all the great features the deck had when a freind of mine picked it up from a pawn shop for 60 bucks.
I've been playing with it all day and to me its lacking in the lower octaves and the higher ones or am i just used to a boosted high and low end that was there from the start with the pioneer(6300bt)?
But there are also things that i love like the stage depth and balance that i can get from the t/a in the deck.
But with both eqs in the two seperate decks set to flat i think the pioneer has way more dynamics and tonality.
The alpine deck has 4 volt preouts compared to the two volts on the pioneer so i set my gains appropriatly on both my amps(boston gt 125.2 for the front stage and dls rm6.2 kenwood for sub fosgate t1 12)
But i have to jack the gains up on the kenwood to were i had it with the pioneer to get the output i'm used to.
I'm really thinking about trading it back to him or does anyone have any suggestions that i could try.
I've already used my dmm to measure the rcas and with volume at 35 i get a reading between 3.7 and 3.5 on all three sets. I'm just not understanding whats going on.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
sub output needs to be wide open to equate to the output of the other channels. it's only an attenuator.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts