DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my JL HD900/5 that I bought from another member here and I was shocked when saw for the first time! I can't get over how small they are. I can't wait to hook it up and finally have a single amp set up!

Sent from tapatalk.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Just got my HD900/5 that I bought from another member here and I was shocked when saw for the first time how small they are in person. I can't wait to hook it up and finally have a single amp set up!

Sent from tapatalk.
Is that what she said?:laugh: J/K

Nice score!

·
Registered
126 Posts
That Playstation controller really puts it in perspective. I had no idea they were that small either. Nice score, let us know how it installs and sounds!

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Me too! I knew they were small and I obviously knew the dimensions but it was still surprising how small it was when it arrived. Here's my 600/4 the day I got it. Sometimes the pictures don't do it justice. It's so nice being able to fit both amps under the seats.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
When I got my 900/5 I was amazed as well. I was really skeptical before receiving it but it really is a fantastic amplifier. I was able to wrap my penis completely around it... Who woulda thought? :cool:

On a serious note you are going to love the amp!

·
Registered
510 Posts
what the big deal is wit small amps? why not just put them on the sub box in tha trunk? no need to "find" a spot for them then?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going for a clean install where not much equipment is visible. Where would you put the amp on this box (not mine)?

Sent from tapatalk.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
If you think the HD is small check out the XD lol.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
what the big deal is wit small amps? why not just put them on the sub box in tha trunk? no need to "find" a spot for them then?
Some of us don't have sub boxes. Under the seat is much less likely to get stolen and its dead space. Right now you could look inside my car including the trunk and you would not know theres a system in it. Thats extremely important to me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hang a REAL amp under the rear deck:rolleyes:
I would of if audio integrations made a amp rack for my model year but they dont, so under the seat is the next best place. Plus it will just take longer for someone to steal it.

Sent from tapatalk.

·
Registered
138 Posts
When I got my 900/5 I was amazed as well. I was really skeptical before receiving it but it really is a fantastic amplifier. I was able to wrap my penis completely around it... Who woulda thought? :cool:

On a serious note you are going to love the amp!
That was disgusting and funny at the same time.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Nice! I'm gonna switch over to two HDs in the spring I think.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Can it be smaller than my DEH-P01's 6 channel amp?
I haven't used mine, but may if I use some horns. How do you like yours? Is it a pretty clean amp? It's 50 X 6 @ 4 ohms correct?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts