DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a "sweet spot" HU with Sirius, HD radio and Xovers/processing...besides P99?

I love the P99 HU but that price is nuts... Are there any reasonable options for a guy that wants the good xover setup with processing and lots of input choices? I love Crutchfield, but $1200 for a HU could sure buy some decent amps and drivers...

I'm tempted by the Kenwood X995, but no front panel radio presets is terrible. If the DJ is babbling bs, I don't want to be forced to run through a menu to escape. :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Re: I need a "sweet spot" HU with Sirius, HD radio and Xovers/processing...besides P9

I'll throw out two options:

Eclipse CD7100. It has time alignment, Active electronic crossovers, parametric EQ, and "circle surround" processing.

Adding i-Pod, Sirius, and HD radio all require an additional dedicated box. I own that setup in one of my cars and it sounds GREAT!

Be advised the i-Pod interface is horrible.

A second choice (and one I am setting up right now in my other car) is an Alpine head unit...I am running a CDA-9886 with a Sirius KCA-SC100 box and an Alpine IMPRINT module.

That combo gives me very good high-speed i-Pod control (much better than Eclipse); I haven't tried my Sirius box yet but I trust it won't be any worse than Eclipse, and of course IMPRINT offers either auto-calibration or manual control of EQ, crossover points, time alignment, etc.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Re: I need a "sweet spot" HU with Sirius, HD radio and Xovers/processing...besides P9

I'd do the Alpine 9887. It has a 5 band l/r peq so you can dail in each side vs just having a mono eq.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

I am attempting the P99 wannabe setup...800PRS, XM module and CD-UB100 for USB control. 800's can be picked up for cheap if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts

Well, I'll choose Alpine 9887 which is cheap and features packed, not to mention the quality... Eclispe I don't know how's the tech support, since they are now under Toyota.... As for Pioneer, I like it much(only P9, ODR or P99) but sometimes the bloody pico fuse issues is something need to be considered...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts