DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old aftermarket deck and speakers in my car and i just installed a bass controller and sub with custom box. I believe the bass controller is a potentiometer but i could be wrong. My speakers cant handle much volume without distorting so i bought the controller hoping i could raise the volume to the sub to the max but it doesnt work as i planned. For example volume twenty with gain on amp and controller to the maximum is not making the sub as loud as it is on volume 50 but then my speakers are sounding horrible. is there a way to push the large portion of the power to the sub and not the speakers?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Does ur radio have a HPF on it? That way you can cut out re lower bass that makes them cry for help.
Also u maybe hitting the clipping point of your radio's output, Which would require more amplification.
Hard to tell without actually seeing it

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Everything is way underpowered.

You can get some decent used amps from ebay. Just try to get something 50wrms x 2 or more. Depending on the brand youi should be able to get something for cheap. Come to think of it I have a coustic 108a amp 20wrmsx4 for about $37 shipped that puts out a bit more power than your deck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one subinverted into a 1.7cubic box tuned to 33hz . Its a 200 watts rms at 2ohms and since its inverted i reversed the polarity on the sub input connections. The deck has nothig but one set of audio output. The speakers are just week and cant handle volume over 40 with treble all the way up and bass negative which i always to do when i have a car with weak component speakers but descent sub setup so their not drowned out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts