DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i bought a boat and it has 4 Rockford 15" p1 8 ohm rated for 200 rms, so my question is what will be the best way to power these, preferably one amp. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Ok so i bought a boat and it has 4 Rockford 15" p1 8 ohm rated for 200 rms, so my question is what will be the best way to power these, preferably one amp. Any input is appreciated.
The 4 of them in parallel will give you a 2 ohm load, so something that'll give you a decent 800 watts into 2 ohms. Kicker comes to mind first, just because most of their mono amps seem to be optimized for 2 ohm mono.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
The 4 of them in parallel will give you a 2 ohm load, so something that'll give you a decent 800 watts into 2 ohms. Kicker comes to mind first, just because most of their mono amps seem to be optimized for 2 ohm mono.
That or something like an Alpine PDX.1000. It might even draw less...?

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Is there a decent budget brand out there? hifonics? MA audio?
Cadence... have a look at thier site and/or contact Jason/paul here (not sure how the exact SN is spelled, put it in search and it will bring up a list of names, use the closest match if you do this)... factory direct..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts