DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm looking for two AFFORDABLE 10's that run 250rms at 2-ohms. They will be running off channel 5 on my Cadence F-100-5 which runs 500rms at 2ohms. I'm not looking for the greatest thing ever, just a pair of AFFORDABLE 10s that meet my requirements. Such an example could be these but I am looking for other recommendations. I'm no pro at this so PLEASE help lol

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I have run RE SRX and Infinity Kappa 120.9w 12 inch subwoofers (one at a time in a sealed box) in my sedan on 250watt RMS at 2ohms channel and I never felt that my car lacked sub bass output. 10 inch subs on 500watts RMS should get decently loud. Both are really nice subs, specially for the price.

By the way, another interesting option is to have 2 Dayton Reference HF 10 inch subwoofers. They need approximately 0.75 to 1cu ft each. They have very good sensitivity, which is always good. I would always worry about subwoofer sensitivity if it was to run off a Class A/B amplifier like yours. More sensitivity == less power consumed, cooler amp. I have done some models in WinISD, and a dual HF10 setup has 3dB higher sensitivity compared to dual Infinity Kappa, which is remarkable. They need half the power of Kappas for the same SPL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts