DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HU is a JVC KW-NT3HDT.

Last night I listened to the radio while waiting to exchange keys with my wife. She called me on the way home because the radio wouldn't cut on.

This morning I check the car's fuse for the radio and got 12.x volts on both sides. I also checked the fuse on the back of the stereo and got 12.x volts there too.

Is there something else I can check?

TIA for responding

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will verify the red and yellow. I figured that verifying power at the fuse would kinda verify those, or at least one of them.

I ruled out a loose connection because I was in the car, listening to the radio 20-30 minutes before I got the call from my wife. The car wasn't moved during that time. I figured that if I had a loose connection those symptoms would have presented themselves while the car was in motion.

I tried detaching the face plate.

Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Make no assumptions about loose connection. I had a cracked in-line fuse holder on a DSP unit that drove me crazy - no correlation to car moving or bumpy roads - the DSP would just power down randomly.

There is a 10A fuse plugged into the back of that HU just above the harness connector - did you check that fuse?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was the fuse I checked. I went to check the yellow and red wires today and disconnected that harness. I plugged it in and the radio came on. Yeah!!!

But I've been wanting a new HU for quite a while.

I hope I can talk my wife into letting me buy another anyway.

Thanks for helping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts