DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to model a Titanic MK 1 12" in WinIsd and it constantly gives me errors when I put in the parameters.

The data sheet it comes with is fairly complete.

But even with basic parameters the program is suppose to calculate the missing ones.

When I fix the errored parameters it gives me another set that it's having a problem with ....and this is going back and forth it's pissing me off!

Anyone have BAssBox Pro or Leap?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do I find Re? Th driver is SVC 4 ohms.

It's not on the spec sheet. but I know it can be calculated from other parameters.

I'm a dummy right now and want to be spoon fed.:D

I think I have heat exhaustion....worked outside all day.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hate Win ISD Alpha too.

It's telling me 10.5 cu ft ported box....or a 9.5 cu ft sealed box....I don't think so.:mad:

·
Registered
784 Posts
WINISD Beta is the normal version
MINISD Pro Alpha is a supposedly a more comprehensive version, problem is it's loaded with issues.

·
Banned
455 Posts
... TBH, I start with mms and that row in Alpha. If you don't have Re, then try 3.6 for a 4 ohm speaker.
but without Re, you won't get Qms calculated!

Alpha will also correct automatically information that doesn't "make sense". Throw up the numbers here?

Bret

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I used to have troubles with Alpha too... until I started to read what all those parameters mean and figured out which ones I had to put in myself and wich ones WinISD has to calculate... no issues anymore...

Put in (sorted per block):
Qes and Qms and Fs and Vas... let Qts be calculated by WinISD
Mms and Re and Le and (Dd OR Sd), let WinISD calculate all the rest of that block
Xmax OR (Hc and Hg) and Pe, let WinISD calculate all the rest
'Miscellaneous parameters': Let WinISD calculate all of them, do NOT correct them when they seam to be 'wrong'!

About the box that WinISD gives you: you are supposed to play with it, not just assume it gives you the best box...

greetz,
Isabelle

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
About the box that WinISD gives you: you are supposed to play with it, not just assume it gives you the best box...

greetz,
Isabelle
Well...9.5 sealed is a bit too large when the spec sheet gives me a 3.3 cu ft sealed box.

However that other info was exactly what I was looking for...thanks Isabelle ans all others that chimed in.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Pro Alpha calculates to three digits past the decimal point. If you enter Vas as 5.66cuft, and WinISD calculates it to 5.664 from the other variables, it will give an error. Luckily it will list the variables that aren't consistent. Change one of those variables to 0 and hit enter and it will calculate that variable for you. Repeat until it saves. Usually just changing one variable will fix it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Follow the procedure in the manual for entering the specs

The suggested procedure for entering driver parameters is following (check first that "Auto calculate unknowns" option is checked):

1. Enter Mms and Cms This gives fs. If either is not available, then enter fs and other parameter.

2. Enter Sd, Bl and Re Now, you should get all but Qms (and Qts), Vas. Please note that Vas may not match exactly what is specified by manufacturer, because exact value of Vas depends on environmental parameters. See FAQ.

3. Enter Rms or Qms. Either one will do, although I tend to prefer Qms over Rms, because it can usually be measured in driver measurement procedures.

4. Enter Hc, Hg and Pe. If Hc or Hg or either is available, then enter Xmax and optionally either Hc or Hg if available.

5. Enter number of voicecoils.

This procedure is most accurate. Also note that it also calculates true SPL (1W/1m) value. So it might not match the marketing SPL value, which is generally somewhat vague. Not in all cases, though.

6. Correct Znom, if necessary. If there are several voicecoils, then enter parameters as they were connected in parallel. You must be careful when entering parameters in that case, because many manufacturers give Bl in voice coils in series, because it yields double value for Bl against parallel connection. If driver manufacturer gives Qes, Bl and Cms or Mms, then you can check how Bl is specified. For that, you can enter following parameters to calculate Re: Qes, Fs, Mms or Cms and Bl Equivalently, you can check for Bl by entering: Qes, Fs, Mms or Cms and Re (for desired connection mode). If you enter resistance for parallel connection and get about half of advertised Bl, then you know, that Bl was specified that way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.