DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my new SQ build I would like to compete in IASCA but had one question. I want to keep my stock source unit, would I lose points in:

1) installation integrity
2) cosmetics (stock)

In theory I would get penalized in sound quality but I just don't understand why I would get penalized so many times on one item that doesn't have an alternative. (No dash kits or any aftermarket products available, everything is controlled from that existing source unit)

Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Based on what I've heard but that's also why I'm asking on the forum if that's the case.

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,960 Posts
In my new SQ build I would like to compete in IASCA but had one question. I want to keep my stock source unit, would I lose points in:

1) installation integrity
2) cosmetics (stock)

In theory I would get penalized in sound quality but I just don't understand why I would get penalized so many times on one item that doesn't have an alternative. (No dash kits or any aftermarket products available, everything is controlled from that existing source unit)

Thanks
Don't think you would be losing any points for 1 or 2, what could look and fit better then the stock unit.

I agree also what make you think your going to loss points in SQ for using the stock unit. Biggs kick some but with the BMW with a stock head. Its all about whats going on after the unit and more importantly install. Use an inferior product to convert your signal and you will get inferior results. Have a sub-par
install and no amount of tunning can fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts