DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I've been reading about IB, seems like you need to completely seal the trunk and rear lid, but where does that leave the rear fill speakers? Wouldn't the air moving in the trunk for an IB setup affect the sound coming from these rear fill speakers?

I've also seen the poll on here about how many people got rid of their rearfill and thinking I might just do the same.

I'm on a budget though and won't be able to afford aftermarket components right now, just a processor, amp and sub. My OEM system has components at the front (2007 Accord EX Sedan) so I could just fade it all the way front and do my IB setup in my trunk.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I've run my set-up like that, last summer and had nothing negative to say about it.

If someone tells you the subs will blow-out your rear-fill.....it's bull-****

·
Premium Member
11,394 Posts
I mean they could modulate the rear fill...but you would have to really be beating the **** out of your sub.

Or so I've been told...:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the insight guys, and one more question: When doing a trunk IB install, do you need to always leave things out of the trunk? I'm a student and sometimes have to haul stuff in my trunk, when you do have things in there does it affect sq/spl much?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts