DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Newbie here - so I apologise for all that brings with it...

I was just reading about ICEpower and I see the technology is still in use in some sectors - not least the original vendor B&O whose flagship Beolab 90's incorporate several third-generation modules.

I also read that ICEpower was - for a while at least - a topology chosen by some car audio amp manufacturers. However I can't seem to find any currently manufactured amps that incorporate this particular flavour of Class D. So has it all gone cold here for B&O's class D?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess the lack of replies does indeed mean it's all cold here for B&O's ICEpower :cool:

I would like to try one of these amps - does anyone know which were the best and latest that were produced?

I think the PRS-D220 / PRS-D420 may have been the last marketed by Pioneer unless any can correct me?

I also understand that some Aline PDX amps incorporated ICEpower albeit with noise issues - and Ecplise.

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
I guess the lack of replies does indeed mean it's all cold here for B&O's ICEpower :cool:

I would like to try one of these amps - does anyone know which were the best and latest that were produced?

I think the PRS-D220 / PRS-D420 may have been the last marketed by Pioneer unless any can correct me?

I also understand that some Aline PDX amps incorporated ICEpower albeit with noise issues - and Ecplise.

Only the first gen of the PDX amps had issues, the second generation are very excellent amps. There are plenty of great class D amps out these days, so take your pick, but I'd probably buy another PDX if I was shopping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts