DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

This is really out of curiosity, but has anyone listened to the Zapco's? I have a set of rsd's right now, and love the base response. But for $120 on ebay, I'm wondering if getting the i-6.2's would substantially improve the mids/highs without sacrificing the midbase. Unfortunately, once I started looking into this, I thought that maybe I should just spend $60 more and get the ID's. The drivers would be seeing 90W a piece.

This is stupid. I wish I could just be happy with what I have for more than a few months. Im like a frigging cali girl in an outlet mall.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey all,

This is really out of curiosity, but has anyone listened to the Zapco's? I have a set of rsd's right now, and love the base response. But for $120 on ebay, I'm wondering if getting the i-6.2's would substantially improve the mids/highs without sacrificing the midbase. Unfortunately, once I started looking into this, I thought that maybe I should just spend $60 more and get the ID's. The drivers would be seeing 90W a piece.

This is stupid. I wish I could just be happy with what I have for more than a few months. Im like a frigging cali girl in an outlet mall.
welcome to the wonderful world of car audio addiction. anyone that says this is a hobby is full of it. youll find were all that "cali girl" that you speak of. get something for a few months, sometimes weeks, and we need something different.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The RSDs IMO really don't produce the amount of midbass that people hyped them up to have. I'm guessing they were getting about 115-120w RMS per side and my doors are somewhat deadened, but my Mach 5 MLI-65s absolutely blow them away in the midbass department.The set also has what is likely the harshest woofer I've heard so far. I could never tweak the sound "just right" for my ears, so I gave up and went active with better stuff. I paid $70 shipped for the RSDs... I'm guessing you can probably get about $55 shipped for the set.

Do yourself a favor and sell the RSDs, using that extra cash towards the CTX set.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in that case, anyone listened to the zapco's? they would be about $60 cheaper than the ctx's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts