DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i'm in the process of upgrading my system. recently purchased a set of Morel Tempo 6's and am now looking to update the subwoofers. i used to have a 15" Dayton Audio HF and loved it. now i'm bouncing back and forth between the IDQ and the HO. i'm looking to spend around $250 on the subs. if i get the IDQ... i'd like one 12" since they run $230 from sound ethics. OR... i was thinking about getting two 10" (size constraint) HO's for around $270 from parts express. I'll be purchasing the amp based off of the subwoofer. What do you guys think? the IDQ or 2 HO's?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I'd recommend the two tens over a single driver, less distortion for a given output and possibly deeper extention do to more cone area.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
sorry just edited my post because I saw space constraint. The dual 10s are probably going to be the best bet. Have you looked into dbdrive euphoria e5 or e7 line?

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
I ran two HO 10" sealed for a couple of years.... loved, loved that set!! The cleanest and most well defined bass engine I've ever owned. It took power due to being inefficient, but there's no free lunch right? Well, since power is cheap especially in 2 ohm mono block offerings, that was a lunch I had no problem swallowing. A BP1200.1 powered the set perfectly and never heard the subs stress even in the lowest of notes. But I do recommend sticking to small boxes. Most oversize the box not realizing the HO 10" works great in around .35 sealed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts