DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

4 10" Subwoofers of 1200watts

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at running mutltiple tens (4 to be exact)

and in light of partsexpress free shipping, the four reference daytons are back into play again since I have a few weeks to prepare (as im trying to get my car bought back under lemon laws arrrrgh)

but I digress

so anyway id10v.3 vs dayton HF 10's

there are pluses and minuses to both

the Id's have more throw, and need smaller boxes---the dayton should be more linear,and have the ability to play higher for easier transition to the front (maybe allowing me to forgo rear speakers at all--I have a large truck not a car)

so what do you all think

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I think the Daytons require less space than the IDs. I am in process of replacing my old pair if IDQ10s (just sold them last week) with a single Dayton RS 12. The 12 only needs 0.5 ft whereas the IDs needed 0.6. And the IDs were 10s!

If you give me 3 weeks, I will get you the lowdown on how they perform against each other, but again, my opinion is subjective and may not be yours...

·
Registered
212 Posts
The HF's need a large box, the HO's require small enclosures; I would get 4 HO's. The Reference series are beautiful sounding and looking. I like ID, but uless you were comparing a Titanic versus a IDMAX (12's or 10's), then I would choose ID, but in this case..............the winner is.................DAYTON.
my .02

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Dooh...I didnt realize he was talking about the HFs...so sorry...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I've had my time with the idv3,
they sound mediocre but a good choice for most car subs, but nothing spectacular. My OZ ME sounds a whole lot more accurate and transparent.
If anything, the dayton should have better distortions than most car subs.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
just got some of the oz's again to play with i like em they are really a nice sub for the price they can be found for....

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
zfactor said:
just got some of the oz's again to play with i like em they are really a nice sub for the price they can be found for....
Which is what and from where??

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
those are OZ audio matrix elites ( I think he is referencing)

those things are cheap, accurate, and throw like monsters
ive seen the 12's go for as low as 125 shipped

I think csusflyboy over on eca is still a dealer for them

still dont get why they are not more popular. I cant fit them so I dont use them

but man it looks like the daytons win out lol

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
What size box (sealed) would a 12" OZ Matrix need?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts